Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...


So I joined up with the Hays Hills Baptist Church choir to sing in their annual Christmas program. So far so good, but I have to confess that I am no choir singer. I can't read music and I am not very good at harmonizing, but hey...it's not about me right. We've been practicing every Wednesday night and will continue to do so until December and since I can't read music that means a lot of memorizing the Christmas CD they handed out...which, much to my husband's dismay, means lots of cheery Christmas music on the way to and from work.

While I do love Christmas and am super excited about the program, I must say that right now...my mind...is on what I, and probably my husband, would deem the MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR. And that is FOOTBALL SEASON.

I am a huge Texas Tech fan, and Jason is a huge Redskins fan...so basically that means we get booed everywhere we go, living in Austin, Texas. I am not really sure how TTU will stack up this year, but I do know one thing. MIKE LEACH IS THE BEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL COACH EVER. And I'm not the only one who thinks so.

And just for the record, I am not giving up on Tech before the season starts like so many will. Is is true that Texas Tech always breaks your heart? Well...yes. See exhibit A. But is it also true that they are the most dramatic team in college football, and just when you've thrown in the towel and conceded to the Longhorn fans of the world, what do they do? They turn around and throw a winning touchdown...that's what they do.

Can I get a Wreck 'Em!!!

1 comment:

Neal Carlton said...

Raiders, Raiders, Raiders, Raiders! Go, Go, Go, Go! Wreck Em!