Monday, July 20, 2009

Praying for rain...and a cheaper water bill.

It is so dang hot here in Austin...so hot. And it is so so dry. We haven't had any rain in a really long time. The grass is dying and my plants are wilted, however, there is this really great oasis in my backyard that has seemed to overcome the dire heat and drought...our garden.

Who knew I had such a green thumb? Certainly not me. I was feeling so proud about my keen ability to grow and nurture these beautiful flowers and plants, and during a drought no doubt (try saying that three times fast).

I mean look at these flowers!









When I would go for walks around the neighborhood, I always felt sorry for everyone else's scorched, brown gardens. If only they knew the secret to great gardening...maybe I should tell them. But then again, I don't really have a secret. I guess I am just super blessed and super lucky.

Or super crazy. Come to find out, the sprinklers have been going off everyday...during the day when I am at work. WHAT? EVERYDAY? Yes EVERYDAY. So I do have a beautiful backyard garden...but it wasn't cheap kids. It wasn't cheap.

No comments: