Thursday, October 9, 2008

Welcome to our spot in internet history.

Ok guys...work with me here. This is my first blog, so it is still a work in progress. As most of you know, Jason and I were married last December and are currently living in the fast-paced world of Washington, D.C. Without a doubt, our lives have been very exciting, and we have had the opportunity as young adults to achieve things in our careers that most people only dream about...but enough is enough, and after five years in the city, it is time for us to head back to where we belong.

I wish I would have started this blog (No time like the present thought) my first day in D.C. I was bright eyed and ready to change the world, even as an intern. Washington was what I always imagined it would be, and I would become famous here...working my way to the top, credited mostly to my sharp wit and West Texas charm. That was four years ago, and while the flame of democracy still burns bright in my heart, I am afraid if I stay much longer, I will no longer be fond of our Capitol City. Thus the longing in my heart and the big opened door leading me back to Texas. Thank you God for answering this prayer so obviously.

Many of you will not always love reading this because I will surely talk about politics, (This IS the most historic election of our time) but hey, that is what a blog is for right...to journal your comments and observations and let the rest of the world read what you are saying (or thinking). So to all of you who will stumble upon this space in internet history, I welcome you and wish you happy reading!

CMF

No comments: