Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It Is All My Fault!

I have a confession to make. It is my fault that Obama is President.

You see, the night before the Texas Tech, UT game I made a deal with God. I told him I would trade an Obama win for a UT loss. Of course at the time I wasn't really thinking clearly, and was more wrapped up in the Tech football season then the prosperity of our nation.

Well, if you ever think that God doesn't answer prayers...think again. Because not only did Texas Tech pull up the biggest upset in college football history, but Barack Obama did indeed win the presidency.

As much as I disagree with President-Elect Obama on just about everything, I have made a promise to myself that I will not call him names in public or on my blog. I don't agree with his policies and I truly think he is bad for the country, but he will be the President, and I will respect that.

But enough about politics, let's talk football. More specifically let's talk Texas Tech football. The UT game was huge and the OSU game was equally as satisfying. For the first time, since I can remember, Texas Tech has a 10-0 record. Does anyone know how awesome this is! I am sure those UT, OU and all the other schools who expect their teams to march to greatness every year know what it feels like, but for those of us who have consistently rallied behind a team that has a history of breaking hearts, it is clearly a major thing.

So, for all the Texas Tech fans out there, take the weekend off. Concentrate on the next big challenge (the OU game in two weeks), and let's pray for another Texas Tech victory.

It has certainly been a bad year for Republicans, but I have a feeling it will be a great year for Texas Tech. Wreck 'Em!

No comments: